Marbach is a family business with almost 100 years of tradition. As such, the globally active company group assumes responsibility for future generations. The topic of sustainability has shaped the corporate philosophy for many years. In addition to long-term CSR projects, Marbach regularly runs CSR campaigns.
In 2018, Marbach developed a Code of Conduct to achieve fair and sustainable interaction. The Code of Conduct defines values, ethics, leadership behavior and the behavior of employees towards each other. But also the behavior towards customers and the environment. In addition, the Marbach Code of Conduct describes the protection of human rights, the avoidance of corruption, etc. Marbach not only commits itself and its employees to comply with this Code of Conduct, but its suppliers too.
Marbach CSR representative, Birgit Schuster: "It has been an important step for us not only to live our ethical values, but also to put them down on paper and in this way also to create a degree of commitment for our suppliers. The Code of Conduct defines our standard for legally compliant and responsible behavior. It describes our conduct towards business partners and the public, but also in our internal interaction with each other. Every employee is obliged to observe the principles laid down in this Code."
However, compliance with the contents of the Marbach Code of Conduct does not end at internal borders. For this reason, the company expects its suppliers and consultants to comply with the requirements of the Code of Conduct and to commit themselves to this contractually. Marbach has defined these expectations in its Principles of Purchasing.
Schuster continues: "In this way we can ensure that both our employees and our suppliers share the idea of our CSR concept and that we all assume joint responsibility for people and the environment."
In addition to the Code of Conduct, in the field of environment Marbach has continued to work on its energy concept to reduce energy consumption. Marbach has also been active in the social field and has shown its commitment through activities and donations.
Schuster: "In 2018, we supported the local daycare center with various projects. At Christmas, we also donated to the anti-freeze protection of the Aufbaugilde in Heilbronn to help ensure that homeless people do not have to sleep outside in winter, but have a roof over their heads. In addition, a Marbach donation went to Help e.V. . This will finance the care of 350 needy families in Burkina Faso. These families will receive basic agricultural equipment and seeds to cultivate 0.5 hectares of land and so be able to provide for themselves. They will be accompanied and trained to ensure long-term self-sufficiency". The good thing about this donation: The Federal Foreign Office considers the aid project to be particularly worthy of support. Help e.V. needs only to raise 10% of the financial means through donations. The remaining 90% will be provided by the Federal Foreign Office.
The existing CSR report was revised and updated in line with the activities carried out by Marbach.
You can find out more about Marbach's CSR activities at: www.marbach.com/mcsr
Marbach recently launched a new system under the name Embossing Register System IV. This allows embossing plates to be set up quickly and easily on embossing dies. With the Marbach system, users can save time when setting up the embossing dies and thus reduce machine downtimes.
Marbach has made a successful start to the new year with its Marbach Academy. In the first quarter of 2019, there were training courses on the subjects of paperboard and cigarette packaging as well as several individual training courses for customers.
Our US location in Charlotte is developing very positively. Following the start of production in 2012, Marbach America has grown into a stable revenue generator within the globally active Marbach Group. In order to be able to serve its customers even better, Marbach America has invested in a laser system of the latest generation. In March 2019 a laser system of the type mlas|compact-2 was installed at Marbach America.
Marbach is on course for expansion. After Marbach has founded subsidiaries in the USA, Malaysia, China and Mexico in the recent years, a second location in the USA will follow this summer. Since 2012 Marbach is already represented with a production site in Charlotte, North Carolina.